June Update

It's been a few days since an update. I've been busy helping Ben Oliver in his preparation for the RCA final show in two weeks. He's doing some interesting work on extra-sensory perception and out of body experiences. Mostly, I cut and stick bits of metal together in exciting ways.

I've also done a short proposal for the upcoming Space In Between show hosted by my old BA course: Interaction and Moving Image at the LCC. They're becoming they're own BA from next year (the words on my BA certificate say I have a graphic design degree - I've been offered jobs based on those words alone) so it's kind of celebratory and it looks like it could be really good if the guys running it can pull it off.

I'm submitting a relatively unadventurous Max MSP patch which I'm hoping to get down to writing next week. Should be good as long as I can find a computer that'll run it.




The other thing of course, is the dissertation. Submitted the first 5000 words last night. Pretty heavy stuff that dominates the forefront of my thinking. I'm really hoping to reel it in to my work over the summer and next year, either as form or content.


I'm flying out to Venice for the Biennale next week as well and I'll have lots of photos from that - no doubt. Two years ago was amazing and I'm hoping the same for this year. Still planning for Geneva in August, although it is debilitatingly pricey.